Wednesday, July 31, 2013

12 more days!

So I have 12 more days until I report to the classroom. I am starting to get nervous. I will only be moving an hour away but I will be away from everyone I know. It will just be my son and I. Today is the last day at my current job at the hospital. We will have a farewell party for me on Friday. I didn't think I would miss this much, but today it's real bittersweet. People are so sad that I am leaving and telling me how much they will miss me, it makes me kind of sad. I am so excited for my future though. I have had a lot of struggle with getting to where I am and it has finally paid off. God is really good. Once I put my faith in him and wanted to teach for him and make a difference, it helped me. I won't go into my religious views or anything but do know that if you trust God, he will deliver.

Back to school, I have a meeting tomorrow and after that I will choose to work in my classroom. I have been there once already trying to get things in order. I went through all of the math stuff already provided for me in the classroom. There are a lot of manipulatives that I can use this year. I hope I can find multiple uses for all of them. I already mentioned in my last post that I will be using Interactive Notebooks (INBs). If you don't know about them, look them up! I have seen so many ideas that I just need to get them in order. I also have a ton of stuff to go through on Pinterest! I have ton's of stuff pinned for the classroom and math, if you want to look at my pins, my site is www.pinterest.com/kddouglas1s

As the days get closer to the start of the school year, I just hope and pray that my first year goes well. I am a young female teacher and I know the students might see me as a friend so I need to get my authority established ASAP. If anyone has any classroom management ideas they would like to share, please do.

No comments:

Post a Comment